CPDR Integrated Biomedical Informatics Platform
Developing Effective Prevention, Diagnostic and Treatment Strategies
The infrastructure of Integrated Biomedical Informatics Platform (IBIP) has been established with business requirement analysis, platform blueprint, implementation strategies, and organization-wide policies, standards on information management and information system development. Program-specific resource informatics systems are also constructed via setting up sophisticated and robust information systems and tools in each research program to streamline the in-house information management by its own requirements. The construction of those systems follows policies, standards and SOPs regulated by the platform. They can be deployed onto IBIP, which:
- Enable the programmable connection between resource informatics systems and the platform as a network to facilitate data communication, and to implement interoperability
- Facilitate dynamic and seamless interdisciplinary data integration and annotation via dynamic data binding
- Provide systematic solution to data quality monitoring and control, data query, data sharing, distribution and version control.
- Provide comprehensive strategies and solution to information security, human privacy protection and regulatory compliance on data collection, integration, analysis and management
- Establish policies, standards, and SOPs on organization level and research program level for operation within information system, data management, and information sharing in collaboration
- Provide professional administration on information system and databases
Patient's privacy protection and data security are two most critical and most challenging factors regarding the research data management. Within IBIP, multiple strategies are applied to ensure the privacy protection and data security.
Privacy protection is ensured by processes of automated data de-identification and centralized patient identification. De-identification enforces the filtering and localized storage of demographic information collected by data management systems. Centralized patient identification will make sure patients consenting to the program are uniquely assigned a random selected identification number, which will serve as the primary patient identification in centralized, de-identified research data pool, and the only linkage between local demographic databases and central research databases.
August 21, 2014
ERG Monoclonal Antibody [9FY] Patent Issued To The Uniformed Services University Of The Health Sciences Center For Prostate Disease Research & Biocare Medical
Concord, CA – The Henry M. Jackson Foundation for the Advancement of Military Medicine, Inc. has been awarded a patent in the United States (Patent No: US 8,765,916 B2) and Europe for ERG monoclonal antibodies. The patent is pending in Australia, Canada and Japan. ERG mouse antibody 9FY is a rigorously characterized antibody for its specificity of the ERG protein detection among the closely related members of the ETS transcription factor family in biological specimens.
Read Full Article
August 6, 2014
Genomic Health Announces Positive Topline Results of Additional, Large Independent Validation Study of Oncotype DX® Prostate Cancer Test with Multiple Clinical Endpoints
Redwood City, CA – PRNewswire/ -- Genomic Health, Inc. (Nasdaq: GHDX) today announced positive preliminary results from an additional independent clinical validation study conducted by the Center for Prostate Disease Research (CPDR) demonstrating that the Oncotype DX® Genomic Prostate Score (GPS) predicts multiple clinical endpoints related to disease aggressiveness in men with low- and intermediate-risk prostate cancer. This study validated the Oncotype DX prostate cancer test as a ...
Read Full Article
WRNMMC UsToo! Newsletter
Read the AUGUST 2014 Newsletter